Third Molar or a wisdom tooth is the Last tooth present in each quadrant of mouth. Wisdom tooth starts erupting at the age of 18 years .It is the last tooth to erupt . During time of eruption it May cause slight irritation in gums. If it pains Third Molar removal is to be done.
If the Jaw has space to accommodate a third molar, it erupts uneventfully like other teeth and no pain or discomfort is encountered. But if space is insufficient for its eruption than it may lead to Various symptoms like severe pain. This pain may radiate to ear, brain and neck .Other symptoms are swelling and difficulty in opening of mouth and chewing .
It may even come in various direction or may not even erupt or be Visible in Oral Cavity.
1) Conservative treatment :- Pain killers and antibiotics as prescribed by the dentist.But they don’t always work and the pain can be severe and intolerable.
2)Warm saline rinses :- Rinsing with a glass of lukewarm water with half a table spoon of common salt in it reduces the inflammation . This helps in reducing the pain and swelling . It is seen that maximum benefit is seen when 5-6 times rinsing is done in a day.
3) Operculectomy :- It is the procedure in which extra gums over the third molar is removed by laser of scalpel. At EKDANTAM dental clinic Jaipur we use laser to remove the extra tissue . This makes the procedure painless and Bloodless. Also the post operative healing and discomfort is minimal with this .
we use Bio lase 10 watt diode Laser for operculectomy to make it painless , needle less and bloodless .
4) Third Molar Removal or Disimpaction :- It is most Definitive treatment for impacted third molar. It is a minor Surgical procedure where third molar is sectioned and removed in pieces.This leads to minimum discomfort and pain after third molar extraction. This makes the Post Operative healing painless and comfortable.
Common SYMPTOMS AFTER THIRD MOLAR SURGERY :
1)MILD PAIN :With Analgesics there should be relief in pain.
2) SWELLING : It subsides after 3-4 days of Surgery .
3)Throat pain : Seen in some cases but should be comfortable after taking pain killers .
1) APPLY PRESSURE ON THE GAUZE PLACED OVER THE AREA OF EXTRACTION FOR ONE HOUR ATLEAST.
2)Don’t remove the gauze to see if it is bleeding or not , apply pressure continiously for a hour.
3)If After removing the gauze it bleeds again , take a new sterile cotton and apply pressure again for some time.
4)If bleeding does not stop even after this contact your dentist for the same .
5)Don’t spit for 24 hour : Doing it can lead to severe bleeding and pain .
6) Eat Cold food for 24 hour
7) Ice Massage after the surgery from outside .It help to reduce the swelling
7) Warm saline rinses after 24 hour. Take a glass of lukewarm water and put half spoon common salt in it and rinse with water 3-4 time a day.
8)Sutures if any are cut after 7 days.
CALL YOUR DENTIST IF THERE IS SEVERE PAIN OR DISCOMFORT EVEN AFTER TAKING MEDICINES.
1) At Ekdantam Dental Clinic, Best and ultramodern Equipments are used for third molar surgery like specialized Piezosurgery Unit .A Piezosurgery Unit is used used for tooth sectioning and bone removal if required and make the post operative healing pain free as compared to when done by a Surgical Bur .
Tooth sectioning is preferred and No bone removal is done in Most of the cases to make the procedure painless. Along with the recovery also becomes pain free after the procedure .
2) Dr Kapil Singhal is an Expert renowned Dental Oral Surgeon in Jaipur and Our specialist at EKDANTAM . He has an experience of removing more than 5000 Impacted tooth and is an expert in his field .Most of the patients say they didn’t felt any pain and discomfort after the procedure is done.
Book an appointment on 9782601131 , 9887439666 if you are looking for Best dentist in jaipur or Best oral surgeon in Jaipur for your third Molar surgery .