Once all the investigations had been done and all preparation are made for the implant surgery , these are steps that would be done during the entire implant surgery:-
We should first understand , what is a Implant ? Implant is just a root, Once it is placed in bone it is not visible clinically in oral cavity.
1) If the tooth is missing than implant can be placed directly at the site of missing tooth. But if some grossly decayed tooth is there that cannot be saved, it is removed at the time of surgery and implant is placed at the same time, but there should no residual infection present ,that could infect the implant.
2)First the tissue (Flap) is uncovered , than there are sequential drills to make holes (Osteotomy) in your bone . The hole is widened according to the width of bone available and size of implant to be placed.
3) Once the hole (Osteotomy) of appropriate size is made , implant is inserted .
4) After placing the implant , the site is sutured and closed and your implant is not visible in oral cavity.
5) Once the implant has been placed than it is left for a certain period , so that the implant integrates with the bone .(approx 3 months in lower bone and 6 months in upper bone.)
6) After this period once implant is osseointegrated (attached to bone ) to bone ,stage 2 surgery is done to reflect the implant in oral cavity (IMPLANT HEALING CAP is placed) ,Patient is called after 7 days and impression is made and sent to dental lab for fabrication of prosthesis.
7) The lab send’s the prosthesis to the doctor and it is attached to the patients